The emergence of cardiometabolic disease risk in Chinese children and adults: consequences of changes in diet, physical activity and obesity
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
© 2014 The Authors. Obesity Reviews published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the International Association for the Study of Obesity.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Special Issue: Understanding the Transition in Diet, Activity, Body Composition and Nutrition-related Noncommunicable Diseases in China: the China Health and Nutrition Survey 1991-2011. Guest Editor: Barry M. Popkin. The International Association for the Study of Obesity and Wiley have published this supplement without any financial support.
Volume 15, Issue Supplement S1, pages 49–59, January 2014
How to Cite
Adair, L. S., Gordon-Larsen, P., Du, S. F., Zhang, B. and Popkin, B. M. (2014), The emergence of cardiometabolic disease risk in Chinese children and adults: consequences of changes in diet, physical activity and obesity. Obesity Reviews, 15: 49–59. doi: 10.1111/obr.12123
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2013
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): NHLBI. Grant Number: R01-HL108427
- NIH: NICHD. Grant Number: R01-HD30880
- Carolina Population Center. Grant Number: R24 HD050924
- 7World Health Organisation International Association for the Study of Obesity International Obesity Task Force. The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and Its Treatment. Health Communications: Sydney, 2000, pp. 1–56.
- 25BMI, WC, WHtR, VFI and BFI: which indictor is the most efficient screening Index on type 2 diabetes in Chinese community population. Biomed Environ Sci 2013; 26: 485–491., , et al.
- 26International Diabetes Federation. The IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome. 2006. [WWW document]. URL http://www.idf.org/webdata/docs/IDF_Meta_def_final.pdf (accessed 21 October 2013).
- 29Evaluation of the 24-hour individual recall method in China. Food Nutr Bull 1996; 17: 154–161., , et al.
- 33WHO. The Global Status Report on Noncommunicable Diseases 2010. Editors: World Health Organization. World Health Organization: Geneva, 2011, p. 176.
- 38Health inequalities during 20 years of rapid economic development in China (1980–2000): a mortality analysis. Biomed Environ Sci 2011; 24: 329–334., , et al.
- 47Changes in waist circumference relative to BMI in China adults from 1993 to 2009. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2013., , ,