The physical activity transition among adults in China: 1991–2011
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
© 2014 The Authors. Obesity Reviews published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the International Association for the Study of Obesity.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Special Issue: Understanding the Transition in Diet, Activity, Body Composition and Nutrition-related Noncommunicable Diseases in China: the China Health and Nutrition Survey 1991-2011. Guest Editor: Barry M. Popkin. The International Association for the Study of Obesity and Wiley have published this supplement without any financial support.
Volume 15, Issue Supplement S1, pages 27–36, January 2014
How to Cite
Ng, S. W., Howard, A.-G., Wang, H. J., Su, C. and Zhang, B. (2014), The physical activity transition among adults in China: 1991–2011. Obesity Reviews, 15: 27–36. doi: 10.1111/obr.12127
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 SEP 2013
- National Institute of Nutrition and Food Safety
- China Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Carolina Population Center. Grant Number: 5 R24 HD050924
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- National Institutes of Health (NIH). Grant Numbers: R01-HD30880, DK056350, R24 HD050924, R01-HL108427, R01-HD38700
- Fogarty International Center, and NIH
- 3World Health Organization. Other diet-related risk factors and physical inactivity. In: World Health Organization (ed.). Global health risks. Geneva, 2009, pp. 16–18.
- 7Sedentary behaviors and subsequent health outcomes in adults: a systematic review of longitudinal studies. Am J Prev Med 1996–2011, 2011; 41: 207–215., , , .
- 9World Health Organization. Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health: Obesity and Overweight. 2004.
- 10WCRF/AICR. Chapter 5: Physical Activity; and Chapter 12: Public health goals and personal recommendations. In: World. AICR (ed.). Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research: Washington, DC, 2007, pp. 198–209 and 368–394.
- 23Statistical Intervals: A Guide for Practitioners. John Wiley & Sons: New York, 1991., .
- 24Quantile Regression. Econometric Society Monograph Series. Cambridge University Press: New York, 2005..