Clinical trial registration information—URL: http://www. clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00303979.
Factors Associated with Improvement in Utilization of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Eligible Heart Failure Patients: Findings from IMPROVE HF
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
©2013, The Authors. Journal compilation ©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology
Volume 36, Issue 4, pages 433–443, April 2013
How to Cite
SHUKLA, A., CURTIS, A. B., MEHRA, M. R., ALBERT, N. M., GHEORGHIADE, M., HEYWOOD, J. T., LIU, Y., O'CONNOR, C. M., REYNOLDS, D., WALSH, M. N., YANCY, C. W. and FONAROW, G. C. (2013), Factors Associated with Improvement in Utilization of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Eligible Heart Failure Patients: Findings from IMPROVE HF. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology, 36: 433–443. doi: 10.1111/pace.12090
Financial Support for the study: The IMPROVE HF registry and this study are supported by Medtronic, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Anne B. Curtis: Research grants: Medtronic (modest), honoraria: Medtronic (modest), consultant: Medtronic (modest), advisory board: Sanofi-Aventis (modest), St. Jude Medical (modest), Biosense Webster (modest); Janssen Pharmaceuticals (modest); Bristol-Myers-Squibb (modest).
Mandeep R. Mehra: Consultant: Medtronic (modest), Johnson & Johnson (modest), St. Jude Medical (modest); Grants/research support: National Institutes of Health/NHLBI (significant), American Board of Internal Medicine (modest).
Nancy Albert: honoraria: Medtronic (modest).
Mihai Gheorghiade, Consultant: Abbott Laboratories (modest), Astellas (modest), Astra Zeneca (modest), Bayer Schering Pharma AG (significant), CorThera, Inc (modest), Cytokinetics, Inc (modest), DebioPharm SA (significant), Errekappa Terapeutici (Milan, Italy) (modest), GlaxoSmithKline (modest), Johnson & Johnson (modest), Medtronic (significant), Merck (modest), Novartis Pharma AG (significant), Otsuka Pharmaceuticals (significant), Pericor Therapeutics (significant), Protein Design Laboratories (modest), Sanofi-Aventis (modest), Sigma Tau (significant), Solvay Pharmaceuticals (significant).
J. Thomas Heywood, Research grants: Biosite (modest), Medtronic (significant), St.Jude (significant); Speakers Bureau/honoraria:GlaxoSmithKline (modest), Medtronic (significant), AstraZeneca (modest), Novartis (modest); Actelion (significant), St. Jude (modest), Otsuka (modest), Boston Scientific (modest); Consultant/advisory board: Emerge (modest), Medtronic (significant), Actelion (modest).
Yang Liu: Employee of Medtronic, Inc.
Christopher M. O'Connor, Consultant: Forest (significant), Medtronic (significant), Amgen (significant), Medpace (significant), Impulse Dynamics (significant), Actelion (significant), Cytokinetics (modest), Roche (modest), Trevena (modest).
Dwight Reynolds: Research grants: Medtronic, Biotronik; Speakers Bureau: Medtronic, Sorin; Consultant: Medtronic (all significant).
Mary Norine Walsh: Consultant: United HealthCare (modest).
Gregg C. Fonarow, Research grants: National Institutes of Health (significant); Consultant: Medtronic (modest), Novartis (significant); Honoraria: Medtronic (modest).
Conflicts of Interest: Ashish Shukla and Clyde W. Yancy: No relationships to disclose.
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 27 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUN 2012
- IMPROVE HF registry
- Medtronic, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.