My thanks go to Dominik Zaum and Alan Cromartie who read an early draft of this paper. I also thank my discussant, Julian Gruin, and other attendees at the Association of Chinese Political Studies Conference, King's College London, for their questions and criticisms of the original paper. In addition, the guest editors Jean-Marc F. Blanchard and Kun-Chin Lin have been exceptional in providing critical comments throughout the development of this paper. This research was supported by the Leverhulme Trust through its Major Research Programme “The Liberal Way of War.” Any and all errors or omissions remain with the author.
Understanding Multiple and Competing Roles: China's Roles in the International Order†
Version of Record online: 4 AUG 2013
© 2013 Center for International Studies, Inha University
Special Issue: Chinese Foreign Policy: The Quest for Power, Security, and Status
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 190–217, August 2013
How to Cite
Jones, C. (2013), Understanding Multiple and Competing Roles: China's Roles in the International Order. Pacific Focus, 28: 190–217. doi: 10.1111/pafo.12008
- Issue online: 4 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!