This article was written while I held an ESRC “Climate Change Leadership Fellowship” on “Equity and Climate Change.” I am grateful to the ESRC for its support. Earlier versions of this article have been presented at Bern, Potsdam, Warwick, Pavia, Leeds, Frankfurt, Princeton, Delft, Bristol, Graz, Uppsala, Cardiff, Wilfred Laurier, Montreal, Utrecht, Edinburgh, and Oxford. I am grateful to those audiences for their questions. I am indebted to Sune Laegaard, Corinna Mieth, Joseph Mazor, Harald Stelzer, and Andreas Niederberger (who were commentators on this article at, respectively, Pavia, Frankfurt, Princeton, Graz, and Frankfurt), to Chris Armstrong for his written comments, and to Derek Bell and Henry Shue (with whom I have had many instructive discussions on the topics examined in this article). I am extremely grateful to the Editor and to two anonymous referees for their comments (and to one referee in particular for his or her great generosity in helping me to shorten this article.)
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Philosophy & Public Affairs
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 255–300, Fall 2012
How to Cite
CANEY, S. (2012), Just Emissions. Philosophy & Public Affairs, 40: 255–300. doi: 10.1111/papa.12005
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!