Importance of the paper: This paper is important because it offers examples of how simulation models can be used to develop understanding and predict how crops respond to environmental factors. It also presents and utilizes a new concept, the Kaya-Porter identity, as a means of deconstructing biological use efficiencies into component parts as a stimulus to new thinking, models and experiments in crop physiology.
Deconstructing crop processes and models via identities
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Plant, Cell & Environment
Volume 36, Issue 11, pages 1919–1925, November 2013
How to Cite
PORTER, J. R. and CHRISTENSEN, S. (2013), Deconstructing crop processes and models via identities. Plant, Cell & Environment, 36: 1919–1925. doi: 10.1111/pce.12107
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 MAR 2013 03:46AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 OCT 2012
- Danish Strategic Research Council
Vol. 36, Issue 12, 2229, Article first published online: 24 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!