Cognitive–behavioral therapy modifies the naturalistic course of social anxiety disorder: Findings from an ABA design study in routine clinical practices
Article first published online: 15 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2013 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 67, Issue 3, pages 139–147, April 2013
How to Cite
Furukawa, T. A., Nakano, Y., Funayama, T., Ogawa, S., Ietsugu, T., Noda, Y., Chen, J., Watanabe, N. and Akechi, T. (2013), Cognitive–behavioral therapy modifies the naturalistic course of social anxiety disorder: Findings from an ABA design study in routine clinical practices. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 67: 139–147. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12035
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 OCT 2011
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan
- 1Nathan PE , Gorman JM (eds). A Guide to Treatments That Work. Oxford University Press, New York, 2007.
- 10Social anxiety disorder clinical course and outcome: Review of Harvard/Brown Anxiety Research Project (HARP) findings. J. Clin. Psychiatry 2006; 67 (Suppl. 12): 14–19..
- 13The Treatment of Anxiety Disorders: Clinician Guides and Patient Manuals. Cambridge University Press, Sydney, 2002., , , , , .
- 14A cognitive model of social phobia. In: Heimberg RG , Liebowitz MR , Hope DA , Schneier FR (eds). Social Phobia: Diagnosis, Assessment, and Treatment. Guilford Press, New York, 1995; 69–93., .
- 18Development and validation of the Japanese version of Social Phobia Scale and Social Interactin Anxiety Scale. Shinshin-Igaku (Jpn.J. Psychosom. Med.) 2004; 44: 841–850 (in Japanese)., , , , , .
- 20Japanese version of fear questionnare: Reliability and validity. In: Iwamoto T (ed.). 26th Annual Meeting of Japanese Association of Behavior Therapy, Sapporo, 2000 (in Japanese)., , , , .
- 21Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale. Seishin Igaku (Clin. Psychiatry) 2002; 44: 1077–1084 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 22SCL-90-R: Administration, Scoring and Procedures Manual-II for the Revised Version and Other Instruments of the Psychopathology Rating Scale Series. Clinical Psychometric Research, Inc., Towson, MD, 1992..
- 23Effects of ethyl loflazepate in mood and neurosis-related disorders (ICD-10 JCM): Changes in SCL-90-R subscale scores. Rinsho Seishinigaku (Clin. Psychiatry) 1996; 25: 233–240 (in Japanese)., , , , , .
- 26Statistical Power Analysis in the Behavioral Sciences. Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ, 1988..