One-year rehospitalization rates of patients with first-episode bipolar mania receiving lithium or valproate and adjunctive atypical antipsychotics
Article first published online: 10 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2014 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 68, Issue 6, pages 418–424, June 2014
How to Cite
Woo, Y. S., Bahk, W.-M., Jung, Y.-E., Jeong, J.-H., Lee, H.-B., Won, S.-H., Lee, K. H., Jon, D.-I., Yoon, B.-H., Kim, M.-D. and Min, K. J. (2014), One-year rehospitalization rates of patients with first-episode bipolar mania receiving lithium or valproate and adjunctive atypical antipsychotics. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 68: 418–424. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12145
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 5 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUL 2013
- 3Manic–Depressive Illness: Bipolar Disorders and Recurrent Depression, 2nd edn. Oxford University Press, New York, 2007; 128–131., , .
- 4American Psychiatric Association. Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with bipolar disorder (revision). Am. J. Psychiatry 2002; 159: 1–50.
- 6National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health. Bipolar Disorder: The Management of Bipolar Disorder in Adults, Children and Adolescents, in Primary and Secondary Care. The British Psychological Society & The Royal College of Psychiatrists, Leicester, UK, 2006.
- 7Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) and International Society for Bipolar Disorders (ISBD) collaborative update of CANMAT guidelines for the management of patients with bipolar disorder: Update 2009. Bipolar Disord. 2009; 11: 225–255., , et al.
- 9Valproate use in acute mania and bipolar disorder: An international perspective. J. Clin. Psychiatry 1989; 50 (Suppl.): 10–12..
- 11Trends in pharmacotherapy of the hospitalized patients with bipolar disorder: A twelve-year naturalistic study. Korean J. Psychopharmacol. 2002; 13: 37–46., , .
- 19Comparative study of valpromide versus lithium in treatment of affective disorders. Nervure: Journal de Psychiatrie 1992; 5: 57–65 (in French)., .