National strategy for suicide prevention in Japan: Impact of a national fund on progress of developing systems for suicide prevention and implementing initiatives among local authorities
Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences © 2014 Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Special Issue: Conquering depression
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 55–64, January 2015
How to Cite
Nakanishi, M., Yamauchi, T. and Takeshima, T. (2015), National strategy for suicide prevention in Japan: Impact of a national fund on progress of developing systems for suicide prevention and implementing initiatives among local authorities. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 69: 55–64. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12222
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2015
- Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 JUL 2014 01:40AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 14 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2014
- Cabinet Office
- Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare
- Center for Suicide Prevention, NIMH, NCNP in Japan
- 1World Health Organization. Public Health Action for the Prevention of Suicide. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2012.
- 2Department of Health and Ageing. Living Is for Everyone (LIFE): A Framework for Prevention of Suicide and Self-Harm in Australia. Department of Health and Ageing, Canberra, 2008.
- 3Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention. The CASP National Suicide Prevention Strategy. Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention, Manitoba, 2004.
- 4Department of Health. National Suicide Prevention Strategy for England. Department of Health, London, 2002.
- 7Norwegian Board of Health. The National Plan for Suicide Prevention 1994–1998. Norwegian Board of Health, Oslo, 1994.
- 8Scottish Executive. Choose Life: A National Strategy and Action Plan to Prevent Suicide in Scotland. Crown Copyright, Edinburgh, 2002.
- 10Socialstyrelsen, Statens Folkhälsoinstitut. Förslag till nationellt program för suicidprevention – befolkningsinriktade och individinriktade strategier och åtgärdsförslag. Socialstyrelsen, Stockholm, 2006.
- 11U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Surgeon General and National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention. 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action. Human Health Services, Washington, 2012.
- 12Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. OECD Health Data 2013. OECD Publishing, Paris, 2013.
- 15Suicide and its prevention in Japan. Leg. Med. 2009; 11: S18–S21., , .
- 17Cabinet Office. 2012 White Paper on Suicide Prevention in Japan – Digest Version. Shin-Kosoku-insatsu Ltd, Niigata, 2012.
- 20World Health Organization. Public Health Action for the Prevention of Suicide. A Framework. WHO Press, Geneva, 2012.