We thank our Action Editor, Hui Liao, and the two anonymous reviewers for their constructive and helpful comments and suggestions during the review process.
Crossing the Threshold: The Spillover of Community Racial Diversity and Diversity Climate to the Workplace
Article first published online: 1 NOV 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 65, Issue 4, pages 755–787, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Ragins, B. R., Gonzalez, J. A., Ehrhardt, K. and Singh, R. (2012), Crossing the Threshold: The Spillover of Community Racial Diversity and Diversity Climate to the Workplace. Personnel Psychology, 65: 755–787. doi: 10.1111/peps.12001
An earlier version of this article was presented at the annual meeting of the National Academy of Management, Boston, MA, August 2012, was selected for the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, and received the Dorothy Harlow Best Paper Award in the Gender and Diversity in Organizations Division. The research described in this article was supported by grants received from the University of Wisconsin Institute for Race and Ethnicity and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Institute for Diversity Education and Leadership (IDEAL). This study was also supported by the Lubar School of Business Roger L. Fitzsimonds Distinguished Scholar Award.
- Issue published online: 1 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 1 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 23 AUG 2012 02:57AM EST
This article has been cited by:
- 1Four approaches to accounting for diversity in global organisations, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 2015,, , , ,
- 2In our own backyard: when a less inclusive community challenges organizational inclusion, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, 2015, 34, 5, 395, , ,
- 3The Impact of Discriminatory Climate Perceptions on the Composition of Intraorganizational Developmental Networks, Psychosocial Support, and Job and Career Attitudes of Employees with an Invisible Stigma, Human Resource Management, 2015, 54, 2,
- 7Matchmaking: community and business unit racial/ethnic diversity and business unit performance, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 2013, 24, 21, 4063,