This paper is part of the Symposium-in-Print on “Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation.”
Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Safety Concerns: A Lesson from the Tuberculosis Ultraviolet Shelter Study Murphy's Law Affirmed†
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Photochemistry and Photobiology © 2013 The American Society of Photobiology
Photochemistry and Photobiology
Special Issue: Symposium in Print on Upper-Room Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation for Air Disinfection
Volume 89, Issue 4, pages 819–821, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Brickner, P. W. and Vincent, R. L. (2013), Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Safety Concerns: A Lesson from the Tuberculosis Ultraviolet Shelter Study Murphy's Law Affirmed. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 89: 819–821. doi: 10.1111/php.12034
- Issue published online: 2 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 DEC 2012 08:49AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 SEP 2012
- 1CIE (2010). Photocarcinogenesis risks from germicidal lamps. Commission Internationale de L'Eclairage, pp. 187, CIE, Vienna, Austria.
- 6ASHRAE (2011).Ultraviolet Air and Surface Treatment. ASHRAE Handbook American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, pp.60.1–60.6. Ashrae, Atlanta, GA.
- 72009) Environmental Control for Tuberculosis: Basic Upper Room Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Guidelines for Health Care Settings. National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, OH. Report No. DHHS (NIOSH), publication No. 2009-015.(
- 81991) Ultraviolet radiation exposure to health care workers from germicidal lamps. Appl. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 6, 168–70.and (
- 11ACGIH (2012) TLVs and BEIs. American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, Cincinnati, OH.
- 12Review of the progress of steam shipping during the last quarter of a century, minutes of Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Vol. LI, Session 1877-78-m Part 1, at 2,8 (November 13, 1877 session, published 1878 (as cited by Wikipedia).