Seasonal Variations in the Subsurface Ultraviolet-B on an Inshore Pacific Coral Reef Ecosystem
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
© 2013 The American Society of Photobiology
Photochemistry and Photobiology
Volume 89, Issue 5, pages 1234–1243, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Downs, N. J., Schouten, P. W. and Parisi, A. V. (2013), Seasonal Variations in the Subsurface Ultraviolet-B on an Inshore Pacific Coral Reef Ecosystem. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 89: 1234–1243. doi: 10.1111/php.12101
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 MAY 2013 11:08AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 MAR 2013
- 32009) Delineating the coral triangle. Galaxea J. Cor. Ref. Stud. 11, 91–100., , , , , and (
- 42001) World Atlas of Coral Reefs. UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre, University of California Press, Berkeley, CA., and (
- 52003) The Economics of Worldwide Coral Reef Degradation. Technical report, WWF and ICRAN, Arnhem, the Netherlands., and (
- 71998) Reefs at Risk: A Map-Based Indicator of Threat's to the World's Coral Reefs. World Resources Institute, Washington, DC., , and (
- 9UNEP (United National Environmental Programme) (2006) Marine and Coastal Ecosystems and Human Well-Being: A Synthesis Report Based on the Findings of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, UNEP, Washington, DC.
- 101994) Optics of UV-B radiation in natural waters. Arch. Hydrobiol. Ergebnisse der Limnologie. 43, 1–16.(
- 172012) Monsoon variability of optical properties in a Malaysian coral-reef ecosystem, 12th International Coral Reef Symposium, Cairns, Qld, 9–13 July 2012.(
- 191997) Penetration and effects of solar UV-B on phytoplankton and macroalgae. Plant Ecol. 128, 5–13.(
- 252012) Massive coral mortality following a large flood event, (Edited by D. Yellowlees and T. P. Hughes), ICRS2012_11E_1, Proceedings of the 12th International Coral Reef Symposium, Cairns, Australia, 9–13 July, 2012., , and (
- 262001) Runoff of terrestrial sediment and nutrients into the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. In Oceanographic Processes of Coral Reefs: Physical and Biological links in the Great Barrier Reef, (Edited by E. Wolanski), pp. 37–52. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.and (
- 292011) Reef Rescue Marine Monitoring Program: Final Report of AIMS Activities 2011 Inshore Coral Reef Monitoring. Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, Townsville., , , , , and (
- 38Wilkinson, C. (Ed.) (2000) Status of Coral Reefs of the World: 2000. Australian Institute of Marine Science, Townsville.
- 402005) Synergistic effect of high temperature and ultraviolet-B radiation on the gorgonian Eunicea tourneforti (Octocorallia: Alcyonacea: Plexauridae). Bull. Mar. Sci. 77, 257–266., and (
- 411989) The measurement and penetration of ultraviolet radiation into tropical marine water. Limnol. Oceanogr. 34, 1623–1669.(
- 47Bureau of Meteorology (2011) Tide Predictions for Queensland. Available at: http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/tides/MAPS/urangan.shtml#map. Accessed on 1 February 2011.
- 48Bureau of Meteorology (2013) Climate data online. Available at: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/data/. Accessed on 15 January 2013.
- 492012) GRACE observations of 2010/2011 eastern Australian floods: Producing precise GRACE gravity fields in the absence of satellite accelerometer observations. Geophys. Res. 14, EGU2012–8260., and (
- 51Mary River Catchment Coordinating Committee (2011) Annual report 2011, Mary River Catchment Coordinating Committee. Available at: http://www.mrccc.org.au/downloads/publications/Annual%20Report%202011.pdf. Accessed on 15 January 2013.
- 52Mary River Catchment Coordinating Committee (2001) Mary River and Tributaries: Rehabilitation Plan, Department of Natural Resources. Available at: http://www.mrccc.org.au/downloads/publications/Mary%20River%20&%20tributaries%20Rehabilitation%20Plan/Implementation%20Edition%202001.pdf. Accessed on 15 January 2013.
- 532003) Catchments and Corals: Terrestrial Runoff to the Great Barrier Reef. Australian Institute for Marine Science and CRC Reef Research Centre, Townsville.(
- 601986) Computation of spectral distribution and intensity of solar UVB radiation. In Stratospheric Ozone Reduction, Solar Ultraviolet Radiation and Plant Life, (Edited by R. C. Worrest and M. M. Caldwell), pp. 49–62. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.(
- 61National Aeronautics and Space Administration (2010) Ozone Monitoring Instrument. Available at: http://jwocky.gsfc.nasa.gov/ozone/ozone_v8.html. Accessed on 29 June 2010.