An Auction Mechanism for Pricing and Capacity Allocation with Multiple Products
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
© 2013 Production and Operations Management Society
Production and Operations Management
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 81–94, January 2014
How to Cite
Karabatı, S. and Yalçın, Z. B. (2014), An Auction Mechanism for Pricing and Capacity Allocation with Multiple Products. Production and Operations Management, 23: 81–94. doi: 10.1111/poms.12032
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: JAN 2012
- 2009. A computational analysis of linear price iterative combinatorial auction formats. Inf. Syst. Res. 20(1): 33–59. , , .
- 2007. Combinatorial Auctions. N. Nisan, T. Roughgarden, E. Tardos, V. V. Vazirani, eds. Algorithmic Game Theory, Cambridge University Press, New York, 267–300. , .
- 2011. Capacity allocation under retail competition: Uniform and competitive allocations. Available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=1826843 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1826843 (accessed date October 2, 2011). , .
- 2007. An overview of combinatorial auctions. ACM SIGecom Exch. 7(1): 3–14. , , .
- 2003. Combinatorial auctions: A survey. INFORMS J. Comput. 15: 284–309. , .
- 1986. Multi-item auctions. J. Polit. Econ. 94(4): 863–872. , , .
- 2002. Auction-based distributed scheduling in a dynamic job shop environment. Int. J. Prod. Res. 40(5): 1173–1191. , .
- 2007. Mechanisms for multi-unit auctions. D. Parkes, M. Tennenholtz, eds. EC'07: Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce, ACM, San Diego, California, USA, 346–351. , .
- 2004. Smart pricing. MIT Sloan Manage. Rev. 45(2): 9–13. , , .
- Go2paper, Inc. 2012. Paper Marketplace Solutions 2012. Available at http://www.go2paper.com/Home/marketplace.asp (accessed date April 3, 2012).
- 2008a. Cooperative and noncooperative games for capacity planning and scheduling. Z.-L. Chen, S. Raghavan, eds. Tutorials in Operations Research, INFORMS, Hanover, MD, 108–129. , .
- 2008b. Auctions for competitive capacity allocation and scheduling. Working paper, Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University, Columbus. , .
- 2010. Capacity allocation and scheduling in supply chains. Oper. Res. 58(6): 1711–1725. , .
- 2011. On auction protocols for decentralized scheduling. Games Econ. Behav. 72: 583–585. , .
- 1979. The efficient allocation of individuals to positions. J. Polit. Econ. 87(2): 293–314. , .
- IBM ILOG. Cplex Optimization Studio, 2012. Available at http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/optimization/cplex-optimization-studio/ (accessed date April 3, 2012).
- 1999. On combinatorial auction and Lagrangean relaxation for distributed resource scheduling. IIE Trans. 31: 813–826. , .
- 2005. A new and improved design for multiobject iterative auctions. Manage. Sci. 51(3): 419–434. , , , .
- 1977. A pseudopolynomial algorithm for sequencing jobs to minimize total tardiness. Ann. Discrete. Math. 1: 331–342.
- 2007. Capacity Allocation and Rescheduling in Supply Chains. PhD thesis, Ohio State University.
- 1987. Auctions and bidding. J. Econ. Lit., 25(2): 699–738. , .
- 1982. A theory of auctions and competitive bidding. Econometrica 50(5): 1089–1122. , .
- 2005. Information feedback in iterative combinatorial auctions. O. K. Ferstl, E. J. Sinz, S. Eckert, T. Isselhorst, eds. Wirtschaftsinformatik. Physica-Verlag HD, Germany, 329–348. , .
- 1982. A combinatorial auction mechanism for airport time slot allocation. Bell J. Econ. 13(2): 402–417. , , .
- 2005. Exploring bidding strategies for market-based scheduling. Decis. Sup. Sys. 39(1): 67–85. , , , .
- 2007. Price discrimination and competition. M. Armstrong, R. Porter, eds. Handbook of Industrial Organization. North-Holland, Amsterdam, 2223–2299.
- 2001. Auction protocols for decentralized scheduling. Games Econ. Behav. 35(1-2): 271–303. , , , .