Dynamic Pricing and Inventory Management with Regular and Expedited Supplies
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2013
© 2013 Production and Operations Management Society
Production and Operations Management
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 65–80, January 2014
How to Cite
Zhou, S. X. and Chao, X. (2014), Dynamic Pricing and Inventory Management with Regular and Expedited Supplies. Production and Operations Management, 23: 65–80. doi: 10.1111/poms.12047
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: AUG 2011
- Hong Kong GRF fund. Grant Number: CUHK-419010
- NSF. Grant Numbers: CMMI-0927631, CMMI-1131249
- 2010. Global dual sourcing: Tailored base-surge allocation to near- and offshore production. Manage. Sci., 56(1): 110–124. , .
- 2011. A note on the relationship among price, capacity and inventory decisions in a make-to-stock system. Prod. Oper. Manag. 20(1): 143–151. , .
- 1961. A delivery-lag inventory model with an emergency provision (the one-period case). Naval Res. Logist. Quart. 8(3): 258–311.
- 2007. Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control. Athena Scientific, Nashua, NH.
- 2004a. Coordinating inventory control and pricing strategies with random demand and fixed ordering cost: The finite horizon case. Oper. Res. 52(6): 887–896. , .
- 2004b. Coordinating inventory control and pricing strategies with random demand and fixed ordering cost: The infinite horizon case. Math. Oper. Res. 29(3): 698–723. , ,
- 2010. Pricing and inventory management. R. Philips, O. Ozalp, eds. Handbook of Pricing, Oxford University Press, pp. 785–822. , .
- 1963. A delivery-lag inventory model with emergency. H. Scarf, D. Gilford, M. Shelly, eds. Multistage Inventory Models and Techniques. Stanford University Press, Stanford, CA. pp. 32–46.
- 1999. Combined pricing and inventory control under uncertainty. Oper.Res. 47(3): 454–475. , .
- 2003. A periodic review inventory model with three consecutive delivery modes and forecast updates. Working paper. University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX. , , , .
- 2004. Optimality and nonoptimality of the base-stock policy in inventory problems with multiple delivery modes. Working paper. University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX. , , , , .
- 2003. Pricing and inventory control for a periodic-review system: Optimality and optimization of (s,S,p) policy. Working paper. The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong. , .
- 1964. Optimal policies for the inventory problem with negotiable leadtime. Manage. Sci. 10(4): 690–708.
- 1984. Stochastic Models in Operations Research, Volume II. McGraw-Hill, New York. , .
- 1959. Uncertainty and price theory. Quart. J. Econ. 73(1): 116–130.
- 2012. A note on the structure of joint inventory-pricing control with leadtimes. Oper. Res. 60(3): 581–587. , , .
- 2002. Foundations of Stochastic Inventory Theory. Stanford University Press, Stanford, CA.
- 2003. Inventory models with expedited ordering: Single index policies (unabridged version). Working paper. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA. , ,
- 1998. Supermodularity and Complementarity. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.
- 2008. Now or later: A simple policy for effective dual sourcing in capacitated systems. Oper. Res. 56(4): 850–864. , .
- 1955. Inventory control and price theory. Manage. Sci. 2(1): 61–80.
- 1977. Optimal inventory under stochastic demand with two supply options. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 32(2): 293–305. , .