Communicating editor: M. Kawachi.
Proposal of Microsquama subgen. nov. for Nephroselmis pyriformis (Carter) Ettl (Nephroselmidophyceae, Chlorophyta)
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
© 2013 Japanese Society of Phycology
Volume 61, Issue 4, pages 268–269, October 2013
How to Cite
Yamaguchi, H., Nakayama, T. and Inouye, I. (2013), Proposal of Microsquama subgen. nov. for Nephroselmis pyriformis (Carter) Ettl (Nephroselmidophyceae, Chlorophyta). Phycological Research, 61: 268–269. doi: 10.1111/pre.12022
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 JAN 2013
- JSPS KAKENHI. Grant Number: 22657024
- Microsquama subgen. nov.;
A new subgenus, Microsquama, is proposed for Nephroselmis pyriformis based on its phylogenetic position and some ultrastructural characters, such as the absence of large stellate scales. Other species of the genus are classified in the subgenus Nephroselmis.