AUTHOR'S NOTE: I thank my Tulane colleague, Mark Vail, for permittingme to borrow in this article from our ongoing collaborative project, presently a paper by the title “Bound by Ideas and Institutions: Comparing the US and UK Responses to the Fiscal Crisis.” I would also like to thank the other participants and audience members at the conference on Governing the United States in Polarized Times at the Rothermere American Institute of the University of Oxford. I am particularly grateful for the probing comments of George Edwards, who organized the conference, and Gary Gerstle, the Harmsworth Visiting Professor of American History at Oxford.
SYMPOSIUM ON GOVERNING IN POLARIZED TIMES
Making Stale Debates Fresh Again: The Defense of Ideology as a Regime Imperative
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2013
© 2013 Center for the Study of the Presidency
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Special Issue: Symposium on Governing in Polarized Times
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 753–774, December 2013
How to Cite
Langston, T. S. (2013), Making Stale Debates Fresh Again: The Defense of Ideology as a Regime Imperative. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 43: 753–774. doi: 10.1111/psq.12065
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!