This study was financially supported by the BrainTuning project of the European Commission (FP6-2004-NEST-PATH-028570) and the Academy of Finland (project number 133673). We thank Mr. Tommi Makkonen, M.Sci., for his technical help, and Benjamin Gold, B.Sc., and Umberto Trivella, M.Sc., for their assistance in behavioral data collection. A special thanks to Dr. Juha Ojala for his invaluable contribution to the musicological aspects of this paper. We also wish to express our gratitude to all subjects and especially those who agreed to participate at a second behavioral session. Parts of this study were presented at the conference “The Neurosciences and Music IV: Learning and Memory,” and a summary of the results appeared in the conference proceedings published by the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.
Modulated neural processing of Western harmony in folk musicians
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 Society for Psychophysiological Research
Volume 50, Issue 7, pages 653–663, July 2013
How to Cite
Brattico, E., Tupala, T., Glerean, E. and Tervaniemi, M. (2013), Modulated neural processing of Western harmony in folk musicians. Psychophysiology, 50: 653–663. doi: 10.1111/psyp.12049
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 5 JAN 2012
- BrainTuning project of the European Commission. Grant Number: FP6-2004-NEST-PATH-028570
- Academy of Finland. Grant Number: 133673
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.