We are grateful to David Goldman, Anthony Maes, Derek Ramsey, Kevin Chan, Viranjini Gopisetty, and Elizabeth Bartmess for their work on this project. We thank Cynthia Price, Paul Davenport, David Anderson, and two anonymous reviewers for valuable comments on earlier versions of this manuscript, and Paul Davenport and Paul Grossman for initial consultations on the task design. This research was supported by the Mt. Zion Health Fund; and National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants K01AT004199 awarded to JD, K01AT003459 awarded to CK, and K23-AT002298 awarded to WM from the National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of NCCAM or NIH.
Follow your breath: Respiratory interoceptive accuracy in experienced meditators
Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 Society for Psychophysiological Research
Volume 50, Issue 8, pages 777–789, August 2013
How to Cite
Daubenmier, J., Sze, J., Kerr, C. E., Kemeny, M. E. and Mehling, W. (2013), Follow your breath: Respiratory interoceptive accuracy in experienced meditators. Psychophysiology, 50: 777–789. doi: 10.1111/psyp.12057
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 AUG 2012
- Mt. Zion Health Fund
- National Institutes of Health (NIH). Grant Numbers: K01AT004199, K01AT003459, K23-AT002298
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.