We thank Gary Aston-Jones for valuable input on an earlier version of this manuscript. The contributions of William Bologna, Scott Davis, Sarah Hall, Jenny West, and the study participants to data collection are also greatly appreciated. Work was supported in part by a Hearing Health Foundation Centurion Clinical Research Award, the National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders (P50 DC00422), Indiana University, and was conducted in a facility constructed with support from Research Facilities Improvement Program (C06 RR14516) from the National Center for Research Resources, NIH. This project was also supported by the South Carolina Clinical and Translational (SCTR) Institute, with an academic home at the Medical University of South Carolina, NIH/NCRR (UL1 RR029882).
Speech-perception training for older adults with hearing loss impacts word recognition and effort
Version of Record online: 9 JUN 2014
Copyright © 2014 Society for Psychophysiological Research
Volume 51, Issue 10, pages 1046–1057, October 2014
How to Cite
Kuchinsky, S. E., Ahlstrom, J. B., Cute, S. L., Humes, L. E., Dubno, J. R. and Eckert, M. A. (2014), Speech-perception training for older adults with hearing loss impacts word recognition and effort. Psychophysiology, 51: 1046–1057. doi: 10.1111/psyp.12242
- Issue online: 14 SEP 2014
- Version of Record online: 9 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 16 SEP 2013
- Hearing Health Foundation Centurion Clinical Research Award
- National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders. Grant Number: P50 DC00422
- Indiana University
- National Center for Research Resources, NIH. Grant Number: C06 RR14516
- South Carolina Clinical and Translational (SCTR) Institute. Grant Number: UL1 RR029882
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.