William Basl was appointed as director of AmeriCorps State and National for the Corporation for National and Community Service, an independent federal agency, in June 2012. In that capacity, he oversees the day-to-day operations of AmeriCorps, the Corporation's largest program, with approximately 70,000 members serving throughout the country. Previously, he served for 18 years as executive director of the Washington Commission for National and Community Service, where he was responsible for implementing innovative state-level service initiatives. E-mail:email@example.com
Commentary: Creating a Volunteer Infrastructure through Public Funding
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
© 2013 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 2, pages 352–353, March/April 2013
How to Cite
Basl, W. and Spera, C. (2013), Commentary: Creating a Volunteer Infrastructure through Public Funding. Public Administration Review, 73: 352–353. doi: 10.1111/puar.12036
Christopher Spera is director of research and evaluation for the Corporation for National and Community Service. He develops and oversees the agency's diverse research and evaluation portfolio, which is composed of studies ranging from randomized controlled trials to evaluations of the Corporation's signature programs. He leads a research agenda rooted in a “research-to-practice model” that values science as a tool for informing program and policy decisions.
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!