Jasper Eshuis is assistant professor in the Department of Public Administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam. His research focuses on the governance of complex systems, with a special interest in public branding and place marketing. Together with Erik-Hans Klijn, he recently published Branding in Governance and Public Management (Routledge, 2012). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place Marketing as Governance Strategy: An Assessment of Obstacles in Place Marketing and Their Effects on Attracting Target Groups
Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2013
© 2013 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 3, pages 507–516, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Eshuis, J., Braun, E. and Klijn, E.-H. (2013), Place Marketing as Governance Strategy: An Assessment of Obstacles in Place Marketing and Their Effects on Attracting Target Groups. Public Administration Review, 73: 507–516. doi: 10.1111/puar.12044
Erik Braun is senior researcher and lecturer in urban economics and city marketing at the Erasmus School of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam. He published his doctoral dissertation on city marketing in 2008. His research interests include the application of marketing and branding concepts by cities and regions, place brand management, place brand perceptions, and the governance of place marketing as well as a broad range of urban economic issues. E-mail: email@example.com
Erik-Hans Klijn is professor in the Department of Public Administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam. His research activities focus on complex decision making, network management, public–private partnerships, branding, and the impact of media on complex decision making. He has published extensively in international journals and is author of Managing Uncertainties in Networks (with Joop F. M. Koppenjan, Routledge, 2004) and Branding in Governance and Public Management (with Jasper Eshuis, Routledge, 2012). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!