Helen Walker is chair of operations and supply management at Cardiff Business School, University of Cardiff. Her research interests include collaborative procurement, public procurement, strategic outsourcing, supply strategy, e-procurement, learning in supply networks, commissioning, and investigating sustainable procurement and sustainable supply chain management in the public and private sectors. E-mail: email@example.com
Collaborative Procurement: A Relational View of Buyer–Buyer Relationships
Article first published online: 29 APR 2013
© 2013 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 4, pages 588–598, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Walker, H., Schotanus, F., Bakker, E. and Harland, C. (2013), Collaborative Procurement: A Relational View of Buyer–Buyer Relationships. Public Administration Review, 73: 588–598. doi: 10.1111/puar.12048
Fredo Schotanus is a part-time assistant professor of purchasing management and management science at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. In addition to his academic activities, he works as a consultant at Signifi cant. He has published a book and several articles and book chapters on subjects in purchasing management. His research interests include public management, group purchasing, purchasing and supply management, allocation problems, and supplier selection. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elmer Bakker is principal consultant with iESE Ltd. in the United Kingdom. He also acted as iESE's procurement transformation manager in a previous role as research offi cer at the Centre for Research in Strategic Purchasing and Supply, University of Bath School of Management. His research interests include public procurement, procurement strategy, collaboration, supplier relationship management, and the professionalization of the purchasing and supply profession. E-mail: email@example.com
Christine Harland is professor of supply strategy at the University of Bath School of Management. Her research interests include health sector supply management, strategic supply chain management, supply policy, international comparative studies of public procurement, and evidence-based supply. A cofounder of the International Research Study of Public Procurement, now in its sixth phase of research, her latest publication is the Sage Handbook of Strategic Supply Management (2013). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 29 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!