Montgomery Van Wart is professor at California State University, San Bernardino. He is also a senior research fellow at the University of Leuven and visiting professor at Rutgers University. His books include Leadership in Public Organizations (2nd ed., M. E. Sharpe, 2012), Dynamics of Leadership in Public Service (2nd ed., M. E. Sharpe, 2011), and Changing Public Sector Values (Garland, 1998). He has published numerous articles in Public Administration Review and elsewhere on administrative leadership. He is associate editor of Public Performance and Management Review. E-mail: email@example.com
Lessons from Leadership Theory and the Contemporary Challenges of Leaders
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2013
© 2013 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 4, pages 553–565, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Van Wart, M. (2013), Lessons from Leadership Theory and the Contemporary Challenges of Leaders. Public Administration Review, 73: 553–565. doi: 10.1111/puar.12069
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!