Theodore H. Poister is professor of public management and policy in the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University. His research focuses primarily on strategic management, performance management, and customer/ stakeholder engagement, on which he has published widely in public management journals. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does Performance Management Lead to Better Outcomes? Evidence from the U.S. Public Transit Industry
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
© 2013 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 4, pages 625–636, July/August 2013
How to Cite
Poister, T. H., Pasha, O. Q. and Edwards, L. H. (2013), Does Performance Management Lead to Better Outcomes? Evidence from the U.S. Public Transit Industry. Public Administration Review, 73: 625–636. doi: 10.1111/puar.12076
Obed Q. Pasha is a public policy doctoral candidate at Georgia State University and Georgia Institute of Technology. His research interests focus on public management and the use of performance management in the public sector. E-mail: email@example.com
Lauren Hamilton Edwards is assistant professor in the Department of Political Science at Sam Houston State University. Her research interests focus on managing public and nonprofi t organizations, measuring performance, and gender and other diversity issues in the public and nonprofi t sectors. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue online: 5 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!