Original Research Article
The Potential Impact of an Anthrax Attack on Real Estate Prices and Foreclosures in Seattle
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
© 2013 Society for Risk Analysis
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 187–201, January 2014
How to Cite
Dormady, N., Szelazek, T. and Rose, A. (2014), The Potential Impact of an Anthrax Attack on Real Estate Prices and Foreclosures in Seattle. Risk Analysis, 34: 187–201. doi: 10.1111/risa.12059
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013
- US Department of Homeland Security
- 3The Depth of Negative Equity and Mortgage Default Decisions. Federal Reserve Board, 2010. Report No.: 35., , .
- 9Land markets and terrorism: Uncovering perception of risk by examining land price changes following 9/11. Pp. 152–169 in Gordon P, Richardson H, Moore III J (eds). The Economic Impacts of Terrorist Attacks. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar; 2005..
- 10U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of Defense. Seattle Urban Area Interagency Biological Restoration Demonstration (IBRD). Seattle, WA: U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of Defense, 2009.
- 11Structuring uncertainty and conflicting objectives for life or death decisions following an urban biological catastrophe. Journal of Integrated Disaster Risk Management, 2012; 1(1):1–21., , .
- 12Should I stay or should I go?: An experimental study of health and economic government policies following a severe biological agent release. Environment, Systems, and Decisions, 2013; forthcoming., , , .
- 13A difficult recovery. Puget Sound Economic Forecaster, 2010; 18(2)., .
- 14King County Office of Emergency Management. Regional recovery framework for a biological attack in the Seattle urban area. Prepared for the Interagency Biological Restoration Demonstration Program, 2010.
- 16Bureau of Economic Analysis. Personal Income for Metropolitan Areas, 2009; 2011. Available at: http://www.bea.gov.
- 17Tracking Economic Recession and Recovery in America's 100 Largest Metropolitan Areas. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution, 2010., .
- 18Are we there yet? Puget Sound Economic Forecaster, 2010; 18(1)., .
- 19U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and U.S. Department of Commerce. American Housing Survey for Selected Metropolitan Areas: 2009. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and U.S. Department of Commerce, 2011.
- 20Minnesota IMPLAN Group, Inc. (MIG). The IMPLAN System, 2011. Available at: http://www.implan.com/V4/Index.php.
- 21A Review of Key Indicators of Recovery Two Years After Katrina. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution, 2007., .
- 22DataQuick. DataQuick, 2011. Available at: http://www.dataquick.com/.
- 23Office of Financial Management, Washington State. Local area data. Office of Financial Management, 2011. Available at: http://www.ofm.wa.gov/localdata/king.asp.
- 24Puget Sound Regional Council. Puget Sound Regional Council, 2011. Available at: http://psrc.org/data/pophousing.
- 25CACI Marketing Systems and ESRI. The Sourcebook of Zip Code Demographics (1994–2010). Redlands, CA: ESRI Press, 2010.