Original Research Article
Risk-Based Approach for Microbiological Food Safety Management in the Dairy Industry: The Case of Listeria monocytogenes in Soft Cheese Made from Pasteurized Milk
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
© 2013 Society for Risk Analysis
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 56–74, January 2014
How to Cite
Tenenhaus-Aziza, F., Daudin, J.-J., Maffre, A. and Sanaa, M. (2014), Risk-Based Approach for Microbiological Food Safety Management in the Dairy Industry: The Case of Listeria monocytogenes in Soft Cheese Made from Pasteurized Milk. Risk Analysis, 34: 56–74. doi: 10.1111/risa.12074
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
- 1CAC (Codex Alimentarius Commission). Principles and guidelines for the conduct of Microbiological Risk Management (MRM). CAC/GL 63+2007, 2007.
- 2Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European parliament and of the council of 28 January 2002 laying down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety (OJ L 31, 1.2.2002), 2002.
- 4Practical approaches to risk assessment. Journal of Food Protection, 1997; 60:1439–1443..
- 5Risk-based approach for microbial food safety in dairy industry. Application to Listeria monocytogenes in soft cheese made from pasteurized milk. PhD thesis, Paris, AgroParisTech, 2007..
- 16Risk Analysis: A Quantitative Guide, 3rd ed. Chichester, UK: Wiley, 2008..
- 21Differential growth of Listeria monocytogenes at 4 and 8°C: Consequences for the shelf-life of chilled products. Journal of Food Protection, 1996; 59:944–949., , , , , .
- 22Développement d'un modèle modulaire décrivant l'effet des interactions entre les facteurs environnementaux sur les aptitudes de croissance de Listeria, PhD thesis, Quimper, Université de Bretagne Occidentale, 2001..
- 25FAO/WHO. Risk assessment of Listeria monocytogenes in ready+to+eat foods. Technical report. Microbiological risk assessment series 5. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and World Health Organization (WHO), 2004.
- 30FAO/WHO. Risk Characterization of Microbiological Hazards in Food. Guidelines. Microbiological risk assessment series 17. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and World Health Organization (WHO), 2009.
- 32FSIS risk assessment for Listeria monocytogenes in deli meats. U.S. Food and Drug Administration/Food Safety and Inspection Service (FDA/FSIS). 2003., , .
- 33Marked intra-strain variation in response of Listeria monocytogenes dairy isolates to acid or salt stress and the effect of acid or salt adaptation on adherence to abiotic surfaces. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 2008; 123(1–2):142–150., , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 39Multivariate global sensitivity analysis for dynamic crop models. Fiels Crops Research, 2008; 113(3–4):312–320., , , , .