The Society of Actuaries provided funding for this work through their Health Section. Part of Dr. Comer's time spent on this research was funded by a Postdoctoral Fellowship award on Health Outcomes from the PhRMA Foundation. We would like to thank the Society of Actuaries Project Oversight Group (POG), which provided advice and guidance during the course of the project. Katie O'Connell also provided valuable research assistance. A version of this work was originally published as a report by the Society of Actuaries under the title “Validating the PRIDIT Method for Determining Hospital Quality with Outcomes Data” and presented at the 2013 ARIA Annual Meeting. Muhammed Altuntas provided valuable comments and feedback.
What Are the Characteristics That Explain Hospital Quality? A Longitudinal Pridit Approach
Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
© Risk Management and Insurance Review, 2013
Risk Management and Insurance Review
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 17–35, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Lieberthal, R. D. and Comer, D. M. (2014), What Are the Characteristics That Explain Hospital Quality? A Longitudinal Pridit Approach. Risk Management and Insurance Review, 17: 17–35. doi: 10.1111/rmir.12017
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!