I wish to thank the seminar participants at IZA, the World Bank and the University of Muenster conference 2009 on the shadow economy. I also wish to thank Armando Barrientos, Oriana Bandiera, Paula Giovagnoli and Diana Weinhold for comments. Moreover, I am grateful to Marcela Salvador for the provision of the eligibility criteria information for Plan Trabajar. All errors are my own.
Is Informal Sector Work an Alternative to Workfare Benefits? The Case of Pre-program Expansion and Economic Crisis
Version of Record online: 18 OCT 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Review of Development Economics
Special Issue: Informality, Illegality and Enforcement. Guest Editors: Ravi Kanbur, Sajal Lahiri, and Jan Svejnar
Volume 16, Issue 4, pages 579–593, November 2012
How to Cite
Khamis, M. (2012), Is Informal Sector Work an Alternative to Workfare Benefits? The Case of Pre-program Expansion and Economic Crisis. Review of Development Economics, 16: 579–593. doi: 10.1111/rode.12005
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!