The results presented in this paper are from a broader study on informality, the business climate and economic growth in West Africa, funded by the Research Department of the World Bank. We are grateful to several anonymous Bank referees for helpful comments during the design of the project. We also thank very much experts from UEMOA, and the national governments for helpful assistance during the data collection phase. Dominique Haughton provided very helpful assistance during the sample design and data analysis phases. Ibrahima Thione Diop and Birahim Bouna Niang, and Steve Golub also provided useful comments. Of course, the usual disclaimer applies.
The Informal Sector, Productivity, and Enforcement in West Africa: A Firm-level Analysis
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Review of Development Economics
Special Issue: Informality, Illegality and Enforcement. Guest Editors: Ravi Kanbur, Sajal Lahiri, and Jan Svejnar
Volume 16, Issue 4, pages 664–680, November 2012
How to Cite
Benjamin, N. C. and Mbaye, A. A. (2012), The Informal Sector, Productivity, and Enforcement in West Africa: A Firm-level Analysis. Review of Development Economics, 16: 664–680. doi: 10.1111/rode.12010
- Issue published online: 18 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!