The authors would like to thank Takanori Adachi, Hideya Kato, Isidoro Mazza, Yukio Ohtashiro and Akihiko Yanase for helpful comments. They would also like to thank two anonymous referees and the editor for their assistance for improving the paper. The authors are especially indebted to Hyun Park for his invaluable suggestions in improving earlier versions of this paper, and also thank seminar participants at Nagoya University, the 29th Nagoya International Economic Study Group (NIESG), the Chubu workshop of the Japan Society of International Economics (JSIE) at Nagoya City University, the Korea International Economic Association (KIEA) Annual Meeting at Kyung Hee University, and the 69th Annual Congress of the International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF) for their valuable comments and suggestions. This study was supported in part by a Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (25380286) (Kojun Hamada), a Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (23530366), and the Nagai Foundation for Science and Technology (Mitsuyoshi Yanagihara). The authors are solely responsible for any errors.
Donor Altruism and the Transfer Paradox in an Overlapping Generations Model
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Review of International Economics
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 905–922, November 2014
How to Cite
Hamada, K. and Yanagihara, M. (2014), Donor Altruism and the Transfer Paradox in an Overlapping Generations Model. Review of International Economics, 22: 905–922. doi: 10.1111/roie.12142
- Issue published online: 3 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2014
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C). Grant Numbers: 25380286, 23530366
- Nagai Foundation for Science and Technology
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!