Note: This paper is a revised version of my keynote speech at the 2010 IARIW–SSA conference on “Measuring National Income, Wealth, Poverty and Inequality in African Countries.” I am grateful to Derek Blades, Stephan Klasen, Rose Mungai, and Antoine Simonpietri for valuable comments. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the World Bank.
Africa's Statistical Tragedy
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2013
© 2013 International Association for Research in Income and WealthThe World Bank retains copyright and all other rights in the manuscript of this Africa's Statistical Tragedy as submitted for publication.
Review of Income and Wealth
Special Issue: Measuring Income, Wealth, Inequality, and Poverty in Sub Saharan Africa: Challenges, Issues, and Findings
Volume 59, Issue Supplement S1, pages S9–S15, October 2013
How to Cite
Devarajan, S. (2013), Africa's Statistical Tragedy. Review of Income and Wealth, 59: S9–S15. doi: 10.1111/roiw.12013
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!