Note: The paper was presented at: the conference on “Ten Years of War against Poverty” held at the University of Manchester, UK, September 8–10, 2010; the Allied Social Science Associations Annual Meetings (the AIEFS session, January 6–9, 2011, at Denver, and at the AFEE session, January 3–5, 2010, at Atlanta, USA); at the 4th Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management (in the session on quantitative approaches to public policy in honor of Professor T. Krishna Kumar), August 9–12, 2009, at IIM Bangalore, India. It was also presented as invited lectures at: the University of Hyderabad, August 7, 2008; the Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad, August 8, 2008; Osmania University, Hyderabad, August 8, 2008; Utkal University, India, August 12, 2008; and at the Naba Krushna Choudhury Centre for Development Studies, India, August 13, 2008. An earlier version of the paper came out as a Brooks World Poverty Institute (University of Manchester) Working Paper, No. 31 (March 2008). Thanks are due to Tony Addison, Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, Keshab Bhattarai, Shashanka Bhide, Huw Edwards, Raghav Gaiha, Subrata Ghatak, Atanu Ghoshray, Shikha Jha, Anirudh Krishna, Casilda Martinez, Camelia Minoiu, Tapas Mishra, Tomoe Moore, M. S. Rafiq, V. M. Rao, Kwok Tong Soo, and Miguel Zarazua for helpful comments and discussions, and Ankush Agrawal, N. R. Bhanumurthy, Ramesh Golait, and N. C. Pradhan for their help with relevant data for this paper.
Disentangling the Poverty Effects of Sectoral Output, Prices, and Policies in India
Version of Record online: 4 APR 2013
© 2013 International Association for Research in Income and Wealth
Review of Income and Wealth
Volume 60, Issue 4, pages 773–801, December 2014
How to Cite
Mallick, S. K. (2014), Disentangling the Poverty Effects of Sectoral Output, Prices, and Policies in India. Review of Income and Wealth, 60: 773–801. doi: 10.1111/roiw.12026
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!