Note: Our research was supported by grants from the Open Society Foundation and the Oxford Martin School. Janine Aron is grateful to the International Association for Research in Income and Wealth for support to attend the Statistics South Africa–IARIW conference on Experiences and Challenges in measuring National Income, Wealth, Poverty, and Inequality in African Countries, in September 2011. We are grateful for comments on earlier drafts to Olympia Bover, Angus Deaton, John Duca, Jim Poterba, seminar participants at the IMF and Oxford, and to two referees. We are grateful for data discussions to Michael Kock, Danie Meyer, Coen Pretorius, Johan Prinsloo, and Johan van den Heever of the South African Reserve Bank. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors alone. Our South African research can be found at: http://ideas.repec.org/e/par29.html.
Wealth, Credit Conditions, and Consumption: Evidence from South Africa
Article first published online: 18 APR 2013
© 2013 International Association for Research in Income and Wealth
Review of Income and Wealth
Special Issue: Measuring Income, Wealth, Inequality, and Poverty in Sub Saharan Africa: Challenges, Issues, and Findings
Volume 59, Issue Supplement S1, pages S161–S196, October 2013
How to Cite
Aron, J. and Muellbauer, J. (2013), Wealth, Credit Conditions, and Consumption: Evidence from South Africa. Review of Income and Wealth, 59: S161–S196. doi: 10.1111/roiw.12033
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2013
- Open Society Foundation
- Oxford Martin School
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!