Note: The authors thank Lars Osberg, Conchita D'Ambrosio, two anonymous reviewers, and participants in the November 2011 Conference where this paper was first presented. We are also grateful to the Rockefeller Foundation; the technical advisory committee it created—Henry Aaron (Chair), Gary Burtless, Henry Farber, Robert Greenstein, Larry Mishel, Alicia Munnell, and Robert Solow—and the New America Foundation for hosting events. Aisling Nagel, Kyle Caswell, Avi Kupfer, Della Fok, Shijie Feng, and Dawn Whitehead provided excellent research support; Tom Hertz and Jeff Larrimore, crucial advice; and Victoria Bilski, invaluable project management. Notwithstanding our gratitude to these individuals and institutions, the views and analyses conveyed in this article are ours alone; they should not be attributed to the Federal Reserve or any other institution with which we are affiliated.
The Economic Security Index: A New Measure for Research and Policy Analysis
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2013
© 2013 International Association for Research in Income and Wealth
Review of Income and Wealth
Special Issue: Economic Insecurity: Challenges, Issues and Findings
Volume 60, Issue Supplement S1, pages S5–S32, May 2014
How to Cite
Hacker, J. S., Huber, G. A., Nichols, A., Rehm, P., Schlesinger, M., Valletta, R. and Craig, S. (2014), The Economic Security Index: A New Measure for Research and Policy Analysis. Review of Income and Wealth, 60: S5–S32. doi: 10.1111/roiw.12053
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!