We are grateful to the families of 11 rural communities who collaborated in the project, as well as the research team in Adapting to Change in the Andean Highlands: Practices and Strategies to Address Climate and Market Risks in Vulnerable Agroecosystems. Partial funding for this research was provided by the United States Agency for International Development and the generous support of the American People for the Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Collaborative Research Support Program (SANREM CRSP) under terms of Cooperative Agreement No. EPP-A-00-04-00013-00 to the Office of International Research and Development, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and by the McKnight Foundation under Grant Agreement 09-784. In addition, we give special thanks to Magali Garcia, Elizabeth Jimenez, Rogelio Quispe, Gladys Yana, and Cecilia Turin and members of the Andean Community of Practice for their support of this project.
Laggards or Leaders: Conservers of Traditional Agricultural Knowledge in Bolivia†
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 78, Issue 1, pages 51–74, March 2013
How to Cite
Gilles, J. L., Thomas, J. L., Valdivia, C. and Yucra, E. S. (2013), Laggards or Leaders: Conservers of Traditional Agricultural Knowledge in Bolivia. Rural Sociology, 78: 51–74. doi: 10.1111/ruso.12001
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2013
- United States Agency for International Development
- McKnight Foundation. Grant Number: 09-784
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!