This research was supported by a number of grants from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) (Grant # R01-HD032912, Grant # R01-HD033551, and Grant # R01 HD033551-13) and an NICHD center grant to the Population Studies Center at the University of Michigan (R24 HD041028). We thank William G. Axinn (principal investigator) for providing access to the data and feedback on the earlier version of the article. We also would like to thank the staff of the Institute for Social and Environmental Research-Nepal for their contributions to the research reported here and Cathy Sun for assisting with data management. Last but not least, we owe a special debt of gratitude to our respondents who continuously welcome us to their homes and share their invaluable experiences, opinions, and thoughts and have devoted countless hours responding to our survey questionnaires. All errors and omissions remain our responsibility.
Rural Agricultural Change and Fertility Transition in Nepal†
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 78, Issue 2, pages 229–252, June 2013
How to Cite
Bhandari, P. and Ghimire, D. (2013), Rural Agricultural Change and Fertility Transition in Nepal. Rural Sociology, 78: 229–252. doi: 10.1111/ruso.12007
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2013
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). Grant Numbers: R01-HD032912, R01-HD033551, R01 HD033551-13
- University of Michigan. Grant Number: R24 HD041028
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!