The Communities and Forests in Oregon (CAFOR) project was supported by a grant from the Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities Program, which is part of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (Award #2010-67023-21705). Preliminary field data collection was funded by a graduate field research grant from the Mazamas Foundation and Stevens was partially supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0801544 in the Quantitative Spatial Ecology, Evolution and Environment Program at the University of Florida. The Ketchikan and Southeast Alaska surveys received support from the USDA Rural Development program. Puget Sound surveys were funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (National Marine Fisheries Service), and the College of Liberal Arts at the University of New Hampshire. Other Community and Environment in Rural America project surveys have been supported by grants from the Ford Foundation, Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund, the Office of Rural Development in the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire. The UNH Survey Center conducted all telephone interviews for these surveys, while the Carsey Institute provided logistical and administrative support.
Rural Environmental Concern: Effects of Position, Partisanship, and Place†
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 79, Issue 2, pages 257–281, June 2014
How to Cite
Hamilton, L. C., Hartter, J., Safford, T. G. and Stevens, F. R. (2014), Rural Environmental Concern: Effects of Position, Partisanship, and Place. Rural Sociology, 79: 257–281. doi: 10.1111/ruso.12023
- Issue published online: 11 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 31 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 FEB 2013
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. Grant Number: 2010-67023-21705
- Mazamas Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 0801544
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (National Marine Fisheries Service)
- College of Liberal Arts at the University of New Hampshire
- Ford Foundation, Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund
- Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!