This work could not have been done without the help of many people in rural U.S. communities who agreed to share with us their insight and their stories. We are very thankful to them: the high school reunion organizers, the reunion participants, the rural community leaders, and all others, from school receptionists to newspaper staff, who were supportive of our work. We are thankful to the editor of Rural Sociology and the anonymous reviewers of this journal for their constructive and supportive comments. This research was funded by NRI competitive research grant number 2007-35401-17742, provided by CSREES (now NIFA) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. However, the views expressed here are those of the authors and may not be attributed to the Economic Research Service or the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Impacts of Return Migration on Rural U.S. Communities†
Article first published online: 3 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 79, Issue 2, pages 200–226, June 2014
How to Cite
von Reichert, C., Cromartie, J. B. and Arthun, R. O. (2014), Impacts of Return Migration on Rural U.S. Communities. Rural Sociology, 79: 200–226. doi: 10.1111/ruso.12024
- Issue published online: 11 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 3 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2013
- CSREES (now NIFA) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Grant Number: 2007-35401-17742
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!