We are grateful to the many people who contributed to this study in diverse ways. In particular, we thankfully acknowledge funding from WorkSafeBC (the Workers Compensation Board of British Columbia); the research assistance of Pat Burnett, Sarb Gill, Christina Hanson, Hayley Jones, Ruman Kang, and Jasmeet Mangat; the intellectual contributions of our collaborators on the Community University Research Alliance “Economic Security,” Marjorie Cohen, Seth Klein, David Fairey, Erika Fuchs, Christina Hanson, Arlene McLaren, Adriana Paz, and Mark Thompson; the access to workers facilitated by Gurcharan Dhillon, Lucy Luna, Stan Raper, Abbotsford Community Services, and the United Food and Commercial Workers Union; the invaluable contributions of our research participants; and the critical feedback we received on this article, both from Luin Golding and our anonymous Rural Sociology reviewers. We dedicate this article to the farmworkers who inspired our study.
Does Citizenship Status Matter in Canadian Agriculture? Workplace Health and Safety for Migrant and Immigrant Laborers†
Version of Record online: 3 APR 2014
Copyright © 2014, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 79, Issue 2, pages 174–199, June 2014
How to Cite
Preibisch, K. and Otero, G. (2014), Does Citizenship Status Matter in Canadian Agriculture? Workplace Health and Safety for Migrant and Immigrant Laborers. Rural Sociology, 79: 174–199. doi: 10.1111/ruso.12043
- Issue online: 11 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 3 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2013
- WorkSafeBC (the Workers Compensation Board of British Columbia)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!