The research for this article was financially supported by the Stanford History Department and its Weter Fund, Stanford Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities, Stanford's Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies, the Anatole G. & Josephine L. Mazour Fund for Students of Russian History, and the U.S. Department of Education. Shimshon Ayzenberg and Peter Gordon Mann deserve special thanks for reading and commenting on drafts of this article, as do the anonymous readers of The Russian Review, whose comments were helpful in revising.
Nationalist War Commentary as Russian Religious Thought: The Religious Intelligentsia's Politics of Providentialism
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2013
Copyright 2013 The Russian Review
The Russian Review
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 94–115, January 2013
How to Cite
STROOP, C. (2013), Nationalist War Commentary as Russian Religious Thought: The Religious Intelligentsia's Politics of Providentialism. The Russian Review, 72: 94–115. doi: 10.1111/russ.10682
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!