Heather J. Sharkey is an Associate Professor of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies in the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author of Living with Colonialism: Nationalism and Culture in the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan (University of California Press, 2003) and American Evangelicals in Egypt: Missionary Encounters in an Age of Empire (Princeton University Press, 2008). The author is grateful to the two anonymous referees who provided valuable feedback on an earlier draft of this article.
Language and Conflict: The Political History of Arabisation in Sudan and Algeria
Version of Record online: 11 DEC 2012
Journal compilation © 2012 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 12, Issue 3, pages 427–449, December 2012
How to Cite
Sharkey, H. J. (2012), Language and Conflict: The Political History of Arabisation in Sudan and Algeria. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 12: 427–449. doi: 10.1111/sena.12009
- Issue online: 11 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!