Grant completed his undergraduate degree at Brigham Young University (BYU), during which time he took a break from school and lived in Romania for two years where he learned the Romanian language and became interested in Romanian history. His capstone research paper at BYU focused on the communist takeover in Romania. He obtained his master's degree at the University of Edinburgh in the History of the Second World War in Europe. His thesis dealt with German stereotypes of the Romanian Army during the Second World War and has since been published. He currently is at Texas A&M working on his Ph.D. focusing on a social-military history of the Romanian Army and its motivations for fighting on the Eastern Front, including its participation in the Holocaust. He has just participated as a fellow in the Auschwitz Jewish Center programme.
Purifying the Ranks: Ethnic and Minority Policy in the Romanian Armed Forces during the Second World War
Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2013
Journal compilation © 2013 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 158–178, October 2013
How to Cite
Harward, G. (2013), Purifying the Ranks: Ethnic and Minority Policy in the Romanian Armed Forces during the Second World War. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 13: 158–178. doi: 10.1111/sena.12029
- Issue online: 15 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!