*M. Devereux thanks the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, the Bank of Canada, and the Royal Bank of Canada for financial support. The opinions in this paper are those of the authors and are not necessarily shared by the Bank of Canada or the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). This paper was initiated when M. Devereux was visiting the Hong Kong office of the BIS. We thank three anonymous referees for extensive comments on a previous draft.
Capital Controls, Global Liquidity Traps, and the International Policy Trilemma*
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2013
© The editors of The Scandinavian Journal of Economics 2013.
The Scandinavian Journal of Economics
Volume 116, Issue 1, pages 158–189, January 2014
How to Cite
Devereux, M. B. and Yetman, J. (2014), Capital Controls, Global Liquidity Traps, and the International Policy Trilemma. The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 116: 158–189. doi: 10.1111/sjoe.12040
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!