The study was supported by a dedicated grant from the Australian Research Council. We would like to thank Dr. Angelo de Gioannis and Dr. Hugh Simpson (psychiatrists) who made the clinical diagnoses for the Queensland suicide cases and controls. We also acknowledge the clinical interviewers Davina Donovan, Kwong Chan, Maedean Brown, and Trudi Little. We would also like to thank Annette Altendorf for assisting with statistical analyses.
A Controlled Study of Suicide in Middle-Aged and Older People: Personality Traits, Age, and Psychiatric Disorders
Version of Record online: 17 AUG 2013
© 2013 The American Association of Suicidology
Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 130–138, April 2014
How to Cite
Draper, B., Kõlves, K., De Leo, D. and Snowdon, J. (2014), A Controlled Study of Suicide in Middle-Aged and Older People: Personality Traits, Age, and Psychiatric Disorders. Suicide and Life-Threat Behavi, 44: 130–138. doi: 10.1111/sltb.12053
BD contributed to the study conception and design, analysis and interpretation of data, drafting the article, and final approval of the version to be published. KK contributed to data analysis and interpretation, drafting, and revising it critically for important intellectual content. DDL and JS contributed to the study conception and design, interpretation of the data, and revising it critically for important intellectual content.
- Issue online: 15 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 17 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 MAY 2013
- Australian Research Council
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!