We acknowledge assistance provided by the Population Research Center at Penn State University, which is supported by an infrastructure grant by the National Institutes of Health (2R24HD041025-11). Special thanks also to Umash Prasad of the California Bureau of Criminal Information and Analysis and David J. van Alstyne of the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services for their assistance in compiling, accessing, and addressing questions about the California–New York data.
Racial/Ethnic Composition and Violence: Size-of-Place Variations in Percent Black and Percent Latino Effects on Violence Rates†
Article first published online: 21 NOV 2013
© 2013 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 811–841, December 2013
How to Cite
Feldmeyer, B., Steffensmeier, D. and Ulmer, J. T. (2013), Racial/Ethnic Composition and Violence: Size-of-Place Variations in Percent Black and Percent Latino Effects on Violence Rates. Sociological Forum, 28: 811–841. doi: 10.1111/socf.12058
- Issue published online: 21 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 21 NOV 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!