I would like to thank Javier Auyero, James Coverdill, Becca Hanson, Patricia Richards, David Smilde, and three anonymous reviewers for their comments on previous versions of this article. I also benefitted from the suggestions of participants at several venues: the meeting of the Eastern Sociological Society in New York (especially Charlotte Ryan and Sebastián Guzmán), the Georgia Workshop on Culture, Power, and History at the University of Georgia, and the International Sociological Association Forum in Buenos Aires. I am grateful for the support of the Tinker Foundation, the Social Science Research Council (Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship), and the National Science Foundation (Award SES-0739217).
Social Movements and Patronage Politics: Processes of Demobilization and Dual Pressure†
Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2013
© 2013 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 842–863, December 2013
How to Cite
Lapegna, P. (2013), Social Movements and Patronage Politics: Processes of Demobilization and Dual Pressure. Sociological Forum, 28: 842–863. doi: 10.1111/socf.12059
- Issue online: 21 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!