This research uses data from Add Health, a program project directed by Kathleen Mullan Harris and designed by J. Richard Udry, Peter S. Bearman, and Kathleen Mullan Harris at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and funded by grant P01-HD31921 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, with cooperative funding from 23 other federal agencies and foundations. Special acknowledgment is due Ronald R. Rindfuss and Barbara Entwisle for assistance in the original design. Information on how to obtain the Add Health data files is available on the Add Health website (http://www.cpc.unc.edu/addhealth). No direct support was received from grant P01-HD31921 for this analysis. This article is part of a larger study funded by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (K01 HD 064537; Bridget Goosby, PI). All opinions and errors are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of either the helpful commentators or funding agencies sponsoring Add Health.
Adolescent Loneliness and Health in Early Adulthood†
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2013
© 2013 Alpha Kappa Delta
Volume 83, Issue 4, pages 505–536, November 2013
How to Cite
Goosby, B. J., Bellatorre, A., Walsemann, K. M. and Cheadle, J. E. (2013), Adolescent Loneliness and Health in Early Adulthood. Sociological Inquiry, 83: 505–536. doi: 10.1111/soin.12018
- Issue published online: 18 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!