Contact Information: Shannon M. Monnat, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Rural Sociology and Demography, Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education, The Pennsylvania State University, Armsby Bldg., University Park, PA 16802–5600. The corresponding author will share all data and coding for replication purposes. The authors thank Craig St. John, Mark Fossett, Wenquan (Charles) Zhang, Elvin Wyly, William H. Frey, and Robert E. Lang for helpful comments and suggestions, as well as Candace Griffith and Jaerrett Gaaei for data entry assistance and Katia Segre Cohen for advice on software and census structure issues. Results from this study were presented at the 2011 Southwest Sociological Association conference in Las Vegas, NV—Session 34: Residential Segregation.
The Influence of Race, Class, and Metropolitan Area Characteristics on African-American Residential Segregation†
Version of Record online: 1 APR 2013
© 2013 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Special Issue: Race and Ethnicity in the United States
Volume 94, Issue 5, pages 1414–1437, December 2013
How to Cite
Spivak, A. L. and Monnat, S. M. (2013), The Influence of Race, Class, and Metropolitan Area Characteristics on African-American Residential Segregation. Social Science Quarterly, 94: 1414–1437. doi: 10.1111/ssqu.12021
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 1 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!