I would like to thank Hank C. Jenkins-Smith, Ronald Keith Gaddie, Dan Kahan, Glen Krutz, and Paul Spicer for their helpful comments and suggestions related to this project and Trent Reznor for help with the inspiration to complete it. The data used in this article were collected with the support of Decision Risk and Management Sciences section of the National Science Foundation, grant number SBR 0962589. The author will share all data for purposes of replication.
Cultural Characters and Climate Change: How Heroes Shape Our Perception of Climate Science†
Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2013
© 2013 by the Southwestern Social Science Association
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 95, Issue 1, pages 1–39, March 2014
How to Cite
Jones, M. D. (2014), Cultural Characters and Climate Change: How Heroes Shape Our Perception of Climate Science. Social Science Quarterly, 95: 1–39. doi: 10.1111/ssqu.12043
- Issue online: 13 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!