Long-term clinical and immunologic outcomes of HIV-infected women with and without previous exposure to nevirapine
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 18, Issue 3, pages 344–351, March 2013
How to Cite
Mudiope, P. K., Kim, S., Wabwire, D., Nyende, L., Bagenda, D., Mubiru, M., Mulira, R., Elbireer, S., Namukwaya, Z., Fowler, M. G. and Musoke, P. (2013), Long-term clinical and immunologic outcomes of HIV-infected women with and without previous exposure to nevirapine. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 18: 344–351. doi: 10.1111/tmi.12054
- Issue online: 15 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
- IMPAACT International Resource Committee Program
- 2007) Early clinical and immune response to NNRTI-based antiretroviral therapy among women with prior exposure to single-dose nevirapine. AIDS 21, 957–964. , , et al. (
- 2009) Longitudinal antiretroviral adherence in HIV+ Ugandan parents and their children initiating HAART in the MTCT-Plus family treatment model: role of depression in declining adherence over time. AIDS and Behavior 13(Suppl. 1), 82–91. , , et al. (
- 2010) Immunological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy following treatment for prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV-1: a study in Cote d'Ivoire. Journal of the International AIDS Society 13, 28. , , et al. (
- 2004) Intrapartum exposure to nevirapine and subsequent maternal responses to nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy. New England Journal of Medicine 351, 229–240. , , et al. (
- 2011) Long-term CD4+ lymphocyte response following HAART initiation in a U.S. Military prospective cohort. AIDS Research and Therapy 8, 2. , , et al. (
- 2007) Response to antiretroviral therapy after a single, peripartum dose of nevirapine. New England Journal of Medicine 356, 135–147. , , et al. (
- MOH Uganda. (2003) National Antiretroviral Treatment and Care Guidelines for Adults and Children, 1st edn. MOH Uganda, Uganda.
- MOH Uganda. (2008) Policy guidelines for prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV; Revised Edition August 2006; Circular update New Guidelines on Use of ARV for Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) in Uganda; December 22 2008. Republic of Uganda, Ministry of Health.
- MOH Uganda. (2009) National Antiretroviral Treatment and Care Guidelines for Adults, Adolscents and Children, 3rd edn. MOH Uganda, Uganda.
- 2010) Routine versus clinically driven laboratory monitoring of HIV antiretroviral therapy in Africa (DART): a randomised non-inferiority trial. Lancet 375, 123–131. , , et al. (
- 2011) The impact of maternal highly active antiretroviral therapy and short-course combination antiretrovirals for prevention of mother-to-child transmission on early infant infection rates at the Mulago national referral hospital in Kampala, Uganda, January 2007 to May 2009. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 56, 69–75. , , et al. (
- 2011) Immunologic criteria are poor predictors of virologic outcome: implications for HIV treatment monitoring in resource-limited settings. Clinical Infectious Diseases 53, 1283–1290. , , et al. (
- 2012) Training multidisciplinary teams to deliver high-quality HIV care to families in resource-limited settings: the MTCT-Plus initiative experience. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care 23, 548–554. , , et al. (
- WHO (2009) Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents:Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. December 1 2009; pp. 1–161. http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/ContentFiles/AdultandAdolescentGL.pdf. Accessed (January 3 2011).